Monday, February 28, 2011

Is English a relevant subject in 2011?


I could rattle of reasons from the top of my head to why learning in the English classroom is still important. However, I thought it would be interesting to keep a blog on my every day examples. Ones that might even surprise you.

Tuesday, March 1  I just had to complete a pen and paper documentation of why I needed to be excused from jury duty. This was the ONLY option. Just some of the skills I needed were to read, to find out what I needed to do. In addition, I needed to write neat and spell correctly so my account was legible. I also had to put sentences together to convey my point so that my excuse will be taken seriously. – My reflection on this poses two questions. Does this therefore reflect the need to still teach handwriting? Or is our government system outdated and in need of digitization?

No comments:

Post a Comment