I know I said in my last blog that I was going to discuss ways to use ICT in the English and History Classrooms. I rethought this; I felt that these lists of ideas would only be relevant in this point of time. All of us who are switched on know how fast ICT moves and really most of you who would be reading this probably gave me these ideas. Therefore, I am going to produce a way to stay up to date with technology for learning.
How do you ensure you are always up to date with ICT?
- Create yourself a professional learning network, outside of your school and friends ‘comfort zone’. (twitter, subscribe to blogs, join professional learning groups, start a blog, follow the leading technology companies e.g. Apple, Dell, IBM etc)
- Listen to your students, observe the technology they are interacting in outside of the classroom.
- Keep up to date with technology in industries relevant to communication (every industry) for example, how are the newspapers working today? What are the publishing companies using?
- Make contacts in other schools that are following the same Syllabus, find out what they are doing,
- Share, collaborate and communicate with your colleagues in your staffroom, school and other school communities.