Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Switching off at the end of the day…


Something that I really struggle with and always have is leaving behind my day, weather that be work, family, friends of study. I have been working on the same assignment for 12 hours now and I know it is time to switch off my laptop, my brain and think of something else, perhaps sleep. When I go to work, uni or hang out with my friends I am able to commit to that particular activity without worrying about my other interests. Why then is it at the end of the day I cannot commit to some me time. I logically know that I am no longer being productive on my assignment and sleep would benefit me, however I have now felt the need to ‘invest’ some time into my educational studies. Hence, developing my blog. 

Perhaps I am feeling stressed. I just found a good link, for those of us who need a little assistance with our stress http://au.reachout.com/find/articles/stress

I guess I just do not value ‘me’ time over my other commitment. Consequently, this makes me think about asking students to engage in my classroom when they have, what they would consider to be, more important things to think about. 

I think in my personal reflections upon my life I am reiterating the importance to always think from others points of view when you are asking them to do something. Hopefully I remember this when I have my own class.

No comments:

Post a Comment